Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mirror, Mirror

Image piece together by your energy and others interpretation.
Solidified in their mind as character placement.
Many go to the source for their testament.
Or believe any information their way was sent.
And this is dangerous because it can grow into a monster.
And everyone can co-sign the beast to sponsor.
And who you are is lost in the court of public opinion.
And build up or build down as society’s minion.

On the flipside, we create our own persona.
But these personas can block us from our personal nirvana.
Now we’re a character on our own stage.
With a new scrip everyday, turn a new page.
And feel entitled to uphold that image.
While who you are is slowly diminished.
Where you can’t recognize yourself or your reflection.
Where everyday is a new you and another first impression.

Well I refuse to let another person write my scrip.
Rather my story be factual and not a myth.
Excuse me if I’m a little opinionated.
Cause walking that line between honestly and insult is ill fated.
But I don’t apologize for being sarcastic.
‘Cause some of ya’ll are faker than surgery with plastic.
If ya’ll don’t say it, I guess I feel obligated.
Let’s not evade it, rather conversation it.
A girl said once, “They said you were crazy, but actually pretty cool.”
Ha! I didn’t know I had an audience to fool.
You can make the image, but I sure as hell can break it down.
Mirror, Mirror on the wall… who am I now?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

some people really can't appreciate stuff like this. it's a shame.