Monday, December 17, 2007

100th Post!!!: Fresh As A Prince And Mixing' Like Jazzy Jeff

100th Post ya'll!!! In the words of Rick James:


It's A Celebration Bitches!!! LOL!!!

Since I'm trying to go all out for this 100th post, I thought the appropriate thing to do would be show love and respect to the group that started my love for Hip-Hop...


Hailing from Illadelphia (Word To The Roots), the duo of DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince is one of the reasons why Hip-Hop is so worldwide today. Let's run down their resume...
1) 11 Albums Deep (Combining their group and solo albums) Millions of records sold.
2) First Hip-Hop grammy (In 1989, for Parents Just Don't Understand)
3) Along with Ice Cube and Kid & Play, paved the way for Hip-Hop artists in acting.
Will is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood today. As a matter of fact, he just
implanted his hands in front of Mann's Chinese Theatre this week.
4) Jeff (along with DJ Cash Money) developed the "Transformer" scratch
5) Jeff is one biggest draws as a DJ for parties, as he still tours worldwide.

Beyond their list of accomplishments, they influenced and captured the imagine of so many future MCs, DJs, and Producers, one of them being me. Let's start with album, with me, that started it all...

He's he DJ, I Am The Rapper
Released March 29, 1988. 10 days before I was born).


I remember my father having this vinyl (it was a double vinyl album at that) and me trying to scratch with on this old record player he had.

Parents Just Don't Understand


Brand New Funk


Now let's fast forward to their last musicial projects

Will's "Lost & Found"


Switch


Party Starter


Jeff's "The Return Of The Magnificent"
This is one of my favorite albums this year


Brand New Funk 2K7


The Return Of The Magnificent Podcast
Episode 1:


Episode 2:


Episode 3:


My favorite track on the album
This track made me a fan of J Live as well.


It been reported when Will is promoting his new movie "Hancock" this summer, he and Jeff will embark on a world tour. It's has also rumored that he will Jeff will record an album together. I hoping for that one.

Now to make this come full circle, I forgot my homeboy put this up on Youtube. This was H.F.P.'s VERY FIRST show. This was last November @ school. It was myself, A.D, and Paul, with Dre as the DJ. The song we were perfoming was called "With Us (Close Your Eyes" from our H.F.P's first group LP, "Fall 2 Greatness."


The funny thing about that show was there technically was not a sound engineer, so you can see me running back and forth during the performance trying to balance out the mics, lol!! Plus, Paul pulled his hamstring that day in swimming class, so that is why he could not move as much around stage. Plus the stage was small was no bigger than 10-12 feet.

Oh, small little bonus for male readers, this is a Pepsi commerical I found with J. Lo & Beyonce which I believe is from Egypt. Hey, this is a party, I had bring some 25pieces (yeah, I said they are 25 pieces, not dimes, lol).


And on that note... I'M OUT!!!!

0 comments: