Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Return Of Hova AND... The Return Of The Record Store



(From Hip-HopDX.Com)
In case you didn’t know Jay-Z’s new album, American Gangster, hit shelves today. And Jay-Z wants it to do just that. “Hit the shelves”. According to Jay-Z, he feels that American Gangster should be consumed as a whole; and has decided to pull the new album off Apple’s popular iTunes music store. “As movies are not sold scene by scene, this collection will not be sold as individual singles,” Jay said via a statement.

I like I-Tunes from a DJ standpoint because I have access to edited verisons. But honesty, if I had the power the Jay has as an artist (indie artist like me need online stores), I would do the same thing. I love the feeling of going to the store, running home, ripping off the packaging (and it's a bitch to do sometimes. I swear they straight jacket CDs), throwin' on the record, and listening to it while reading the liner notes. And as an artist, I want to give my listener the whole experience; album art and all. So shouts out Jay for this one.

"My Man..." American Gangster In Stores Now!




And On That Note... I'm Out.

0 comments: