Saturday, November 10, 2007

Imagination

Imagination driftin, your image is given.
Hoping the thought of me in your mind is livin’.
I’ve tried so long to shake the web of your essence.
But now all I want is you in my presents.
Reliving the time I had you in my fingertips.
Wanting so bad to taste the flavor of your lips.
I happened so fast, in feels non-existent,
Just a figment of my imagination or so fast I missed it.

You see that time period was so influential.
Life changing moments that became monumental.
The Flow, a reality. My people unified.
Discovered Fantastic, the music blew my mind.
Through the filtered basslines, crisp snares, and harmonize.
I had this brown sugar beauty before my eyes.
Funkified like Parliament, Chocolate City was in me.
Did not know how much that trip would give me.

Especially in how it started, bad stomach aches from Mce-dees
Being bugged by Homeland Security.
Which resulted in me losing my 20/20.
My project shipped to Amsterdam, later on we thought it was real funny.
I cannot explain that instant connection.
Like I’ve known you forever, only our path redirected.
And our conversations span from politics to H.E.R.
As I affectingly call her, and how she’s matured.

I know her and she knows me.
My fears, my dreams, my love for the M.I.C.
See, she’s a writer too, so she could identity.
A*Life*inspired, so we share the same drive.
She’s fly, like MJ in his prime.
From the free throw line, or like Rakim when he rhymed.
‘Cause like The R., she in the game raised the standards.
It seemed right, so my heart I decided to hand her.

But sometimes what we want cannot be.
Sometime fantasy cannot be reality.
But this doesn’t mean all dreams are fiction.
Sometimes the timing is off from our own personal missions.
And I’m glad you’re finding yours, because I’m finding mine.
Finding forever is possible as long as you’re trying.
If you’re just living to exist, then you’re dying.
But if you living to live, you’re truly flying

But sometimes I wish there was more to this.
That daily I could taste the flavor of your lips.
I may sound reminiscent, or just plain insane.
I just wonder sometimes do you feel the same?
Do you think about that one moment?
Do you hold it or let it go like you don’t know it?
I really want the answer, but maybe best I don’t get it.
Imagination driftin’, it’s hard to forget it.

1 comments:

I still love H.E.R. said...

yeah i know that feeling too....
:-)


Wanja