Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Return Of Uncle L


Not even gonna lie, I was a bit skeptical when I saw LL had a new video out. His last album, Todd Smith, did not have the same "knock" that most LL albums had, and it seemed like the the man that was once "notorious," and and would "crush you like a jelly bean" was all but gone.

Not to mention that it was report that 50 Cent would be executive producing his next project. My thought was, "Oh no, now I gonna have to put up with another mediocre 'G-Unit sounding' album with LL trying to talk gangsta shit." Please, spare my ears the pain and agony.

But this song has given me a little hope. Produced by DJ Scratch, "Rockin' With The G.O.A.T" gives LL that edge he been missing. If the album is anything as good as this, LL maybe be saying for the second time in his career, "Don't call it a comeback."

Now if you excuse me... I'm going to go hit the weights.
Rocking With The GOAT (Prod by DJ Scratch) - LL Cool J

Rockin' With The G.O.A.T (Link)

Bonus: LL and Flavor Flav chopping it up backstage before a show in the UK during a Def Jam Tour in 1987.

"Tonight is the night, that Flavor Flav is gonna fuck up... because I'm fucked up." LMFAO!!!!


Exit 13 drops this August.

And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: