Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's Summertime... Take Your Time (TIME, tiMe timeeeee...)


With that trip to Amoeba I was talking about a couple post ago, I also found another album I've been wanting to get my hands on, Pete Rock's 1998 solo debut, Soul Survivor. It was the only copy and get this, the import version from England. So of course I had to pay a little extra for it, but it was well worth it.

This record right here is now a summertime jam to me....

featuring a group from the 80's named Loose Ends. You maybe familar with them because of this song...

Chances are you have heard this at a family cookout or on the old-school R&B station.

As grains of sand pass from hand to hand
I watch time stand still I'm just one man
That's out for all so all should be for one
Grew up on the drum with the J.B. "Unh!"
The son, who spun the record
that his pop's collected
Went on to create and perfect the unexpected
Funky beat sound watch the family "Get down!"
Slide with the right and give cousin a pound
Watch the young ones play and think back in the day
When fresh was the style, plus the word to say
It's all love now, let me show you how
to take time out, and show you what life's about


And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: