Saturday, August 4, 2007

In 2007, We're Gonna Help You See Clear Vol. 1

Studio Sessions Day 1 & Day 2:













7 Years of writing rhymes, hundreds of pause tape beats, 4 years of DJing, 2 Mixtapes, 1 Group L.P, 1 Group E.P, a radio show, 19 years of growth, a dream and the grace of God has brought me to this point. I have been waiting to record my official debut album for a long time. As it would turn out, I will not be making this journey alone. But I couldn't have been blessed more with a better friend and "partner in rhyme" then Keyon. His thoughts and point of view helps broaden this album, while helping maintain the tread essence of our message. We have one of those working relationships where our chemistry can be non-verbal. We know what needs to be done and how to do it without saying a word. I guess that is in part why we are close friends.

We were friends way before I founded H.F.P. As a matter of fact, he did not know I rhymed until late into our Freshman year of High School. We met through trying out for the basketbal team (he played all four years, I was cut all four years). I also did not know he wrote poetry until late sophomore year. Is was not until the end of our junior year did I ask him if he wanted to start turning those poems to songs. The concept of us recording an album together was conceived almost a year and a half ago. But I going to leave the full story behind the album for the liner notes. I will have those posted here and on H.F.P's Myspace page once the album is out.

Sidenote, the dark brotha in the first picture is Stephen, a homeboy of Key & I's that went to high school with us. Keep came through to hang out with us and kick one of the funniest freestyles I have ever heard. I may posted it up here one of these days. Oh, one other thing, I usually not one to give out details on projects I'm working on until right up to the release, but I can tell you this...

1. The album's name (if you don't know by now)-
V.I.S.I.O.N.S

2. The MCs that are so cold, they make mics freeze-
DJ Chuck "thE oLd SouL" & Key-Real "The Poet"

3. Production-
All handled by your truly

4. Guest Appearances-
Some people I've worked with before, somebody I have not worked with before.

5. How many tracks?-
14 Bangas with 2 Interlude Beats stuck somewhere in between (a la Pete Rock, Soulquarians).

6. When Does It Drop?-
This September

DJ Chuck & Key-Real- V.I.S.I.O.N.S.
In 2007 We're Gonna Help You See Clear... Coming September 2007

Yahoo has finally posted that Common show Key, P, and myself was at 2 and a half weeks ago. Just go to Yahoo, click on music, and you'll see it under "Nissan Live Sets." Three of us were on the left side of the stage and could be seen clearly at some points (if you look hard). It was easy to point myself out because I had a hat on (plus my glasses were reflecting off the camera like a mirror). Just look for a skinny brotha, wearing a Navy Blue and sliver Kangol hat and a black "J Dilla Changed My Life" T-Shirt on. You'll find me along with Key & fellow blogger Patrick.

This made my Friday when I saw this...


I have bought 12 albums in the last week, this is one of them (took me a while to get this)....


Another must have from the HOJ team... Getback is next...



And on that note... I'm out.

4 comments:

h.e.r.fection said...

wheeeeeeeeeeew that darien..!! lol i got a poster of him.. that man is talented you should hear him live! crazy

h.e.r.fection said...

i couldn't find you.. am i looking for a video? b/c all i'm getting are photo galleries

thE oLd SouL said...

your looking for a video. Btw, the best close up of me is during "Break My Heart." But you have to be quick with the pause button... lol!!!

Bob said...

That's whats up!