Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger...

Before he was a college dropout and registered late...



Mr. West is now getting ready for "Graduation"

1. Goodmorning
2. Homecoming (Feat. Chris Martin)
3. Stronger
4. Champion
5. Goodlife (Feat. T-Pain)
6. I Wonder
7. Even More Broke Phi Broke (Skit)
8. Can’t Tell Me Nothing
9. Drunk And Hot Girls (Feat. Mos Def)
10. Everything I Am (Scratches by DJ Premier)
11. Goodnight (Feat. Mos Def & Al Be)
12. Big Brother
13. Graduation (Skit)
14. The Glory

It's going to be on September 11th. And for the record, I'm glad to see Black Dante getting some guest appearance work. I hope he lays a verse down, and not just sings (although I enjoy Mos' singing as well). Also, I'm glad 'Ye brought back a "Broke Phi Broke" skit. I was in tears when I first heard those skits on L.R.



As you read this now, Barry Bonds is now the reigning home run king with a career number of 756 home runs, passing the Hank Aaron. I going to keep this short and sweet. While this may be unthinkable coming from a Dodger fan (for those of you who don't watch baseball, the San Francisco Giants are our rivals. Do you research on our histroic history), I am happy for Barry. Yeah, I said it. And let me tell you why. Baseball can only blame itself for it's cheating ways. Performance enhancers have been a part of the game like hot dogs and baseball gloves. Shoot, cheating in general has been some what tolerated in "America's pastime:" Spit/Snot balls, tar, corking bats, pitching to bean the batter (aka Chin Music), stealing signs (although I do not see this as cheating. This is just the catchers fault for not cover the signals better), the list goes on. Cheating is a part of baseball, just as fixing fights is to boxing. Furthermore, Major League Baseball has had MULTIPLE opportunites to "clean up" the game, only to turn their heads and played stupid.

The face expression on MLB Commissioner Bud Selig's face and the image of him putting his hands in his pockets and without a clue to do next after Bonds hit 755 was priceless. It resembled the look I would give my mother when I did something wrong. That dumb founded, "Scooby Doo" look. It is when displaying this look that I would realize "I fucked up." And Bud Selig had that same feeling and phrase running through his head that night. Now, this whole thing is not Bud Selig's fault, as these problems long existed before he became commissioner of baseball, it is just he had an opportunity to go down in history to be the man who "helped clean up baseball," only to become Charlie Brown on the pitcher's mount.

So, any sportswriters, fans, and or anyone else who wants to throw shots at Barry Bonds should not just throw stones at him, but at Bud Selig and the game itself. The problem is not Barry Bonds, ALTHOUGH HE IS WRONG FOR TAKING THE PERFORMANCE ENHANCERS IF HE DID SO (I wanted to put that in bold print you know I am not for cheating). The problem is baseball. Barry is not the first, not the only, and more than likely, will not be the last to be called under question for being tight with Balco products or any other performance enhancers. Barry Bonds is not a disgrace to baseball, Barry Bonds has only become a symbol of the disgrace the game has become in regards to fair play. Baseball is just angry that the hand that fed them for so long has now bit them. So baseball, in the words of Lucy, you are all just a bunch of BLOCKHEADS!!!!

One other thing... COMMON HAS THE NUMBER ONE ALBUM IN THE COUNTRY THIS WEEK!!!! That's what's up!!! Now, we need to get it to gold, then platinum. If you have not copped Finding Forever, you are missing out on one of the best, if not the best, Hip-Hop album this year. If you find yourself complaing 24/7 about Hip-Hop on the radio and on MTV & BET, and want to make change to create balance in Hip-Hop, here is your chance to do. As a matter of fact, there are many more chances coming up. Talib Kweli's "Eardrum" is FINALLY dropping 2 weeks from today, Little Brother has the "Getback" dropping next month, 9th Wonder's solo joint drops October 9th, Lupe's "The Cool" could be here by Halloween, and of course we have "CURRRRRTIS (c) Camrom" Vs. Ye on 9/11. Make a statement, DON'T BOOTLEG OR DOWNLOAD DOPE MUSIC (only do this with wack records). Cop these albums at your local record stores or online on I-Tunes. Show that we, the people, control Hip-Hop. Not record companies, not radio, not the media, THE PEOPLE!!!

The "Negro Please" Quote Of The Day:
"My first blow job was from a man, but I didn't know it was a man. That's where that comes from. It's based on personal experience. It happens to a lot of people. That happens to a lot of heterosexuals. You meet a girl in a bar, and it turns out she's not a girl. I think a girl should tell you if she's a girl or a man--that way it's your preference. It's comedy.”

- Brett Ratner, Director of The Rush Hour movies, Money Talks, X-3, etc.

Brett, honestly dawg, you really should have kept that to yourself. But don't worry, you will get my $7 for Rush Hour 3 this Friday. So you really didn't have tell me your crazy experience with a transsexual to drive me to movie theatre.

I was rocking with "The Platform" yesterday, and decided to really give "Expansion Team" a listen to day. Oooooooooohhhh!!! This beat is now in my Preemo Top 5. The way the beat changes up is bananaz!!!



And on that note, I'm out.

3 comments:

h.e.r.fection said...

8)

h.e.r.fection said...

the boys at work won't shut up about barry!

thE oLd SouL said...

if think it is bad a work, check ESPN, that's the only think they talk about.