Monday, July 23, 2007

Wack-A-Nigga: The Movie

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, I know what you are saying to yourself right now. "This can not be a real movie. This has to be photoshop work at it's finest." Nope, no joke, this was a straight to video movie release in 1989. Now how did I come across this? I was on Yahoo searching a profile picture for my Okayplayer profile (I finally set up one. I'm thE_oLd_SouL_88. Holla if you see me!), and decided to type in "Ghettoblaster" to find a large boombox. First and foremost, I really don't care for the term. The term seems to make "Boomboxes" (the correct term) see like a negative thing. "Ghettoblaster" was a term invented by White people to decribe that "jungle music" coming out the speakers (yeah, and we're the only race the bumps music loud. Psss! Give me a break). But anyways, this was one of the images that popped up. I searched all over the internet for a plot synopsis (not even Wikipedia had info). Finally, this is all I could find from Yahoomovies.com:

"Street gangs have turned a peaceful community into a war zone and the cops say they're powerless to stop the assault. One man steps forward to put an end to the insanity."

I'm sorry, I don't throw around the "R" word a lot, but this shit is straight up racist yo. Check out the "hero" in the construction worker clothes with the "hillbilly" shotgun. Yo, the dude even has a red trucker hat on and working boots. This dude posing like he is the "red neck" version of "Superman." What really irritated me the most was the headline on the poster: " He wants to take the fight to them. Even if it means pursuing the gangs all the way back to the ghetto." I can see the producers in the meeting for this movie now, "Oh yeah, minories are not supposed to live in middle class homes. God forbid higher-class. So let's makes this a racial/economical class war: "Blue Colar White folkes VS. Low Income Niggas." Yo, was Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and NAACP on this one? They still had a little power left, unlike today, back in 80's.

If there was ever going to be a sequel for this, I already have the title:

THE GHETTOBLASTER VS. SHAFT
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My money is on the dude with the long side burns...


And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: