Saturday, July 21, 2007

This Is Why I'm Broke. This Is Why I'm Broke....

Check it. You just recieved a pay check, and you know you need to pick up some important items. On your way back, you pass by the weakness of any producer, DJ, or music lover... a record store. You know you should not spend any money on records, but you give in. Yeah, it happens to me all the time. Although we are in the digital age where it is not neccesary to drive to store for music (online shopping and I-Tunes), I still love the feeling of picking up a record I have been waitng to get my hands on, and reading the liner notes while listening. As a DJ or producer, to improve your ear, it is a must to listen to new records all the time. ESPECIALLY joints that are not in your preferred genre. A possible career ending characteristic of any musician is being "stuck in a time warp." Reinvention is a must for long career. From personal experience, even if I don't sample a certain record I'm feeling, hearing that song may spark a possible song idea. Like myself and many other beatsmiths in the world, record shopping is how we catch inspiration and reinvent ourselves. Special appearances by The Beatminerz, Diggin In The Crates (D.I.T.C), Common, and Mos Def. ENJOY!!!!!


1 comments:

h.e.r.fection said...

lol i know what you mean, and nice title