Friday, July 25, 2008

Homeboy On Films: The Dark Knight, Hancock, And Step Brothers

Been a little lazy with the entries this week (sorry... WON'T happen again), but here are some of the flicks I've seen in the last week.

The movie everyone has been waiting for all summer. Does it live up to the hype? In short, yes and then some. The movie is dark, gritty, in your face, and once it starts, you will not be able to take your eyes off the screen. Excellent performance by everyone... Heath Ledger, point blank, stole the "whole fucking show" (c) Rob Van Dam. There are some many memorable quotes and scenes by him in this movie. He was so sinister, it was comedy. As a matter of fact, my homegirl just got outta the movie and is talking my ear off on the phone about about it (hi Gina, lol!!!). Best movie of the summer, hands down, and maybe the movie of the year. I don't know how the fuck there gonna top this shit for the third installment.


Summertime equals another blockbuster jumpoff from The Fresh Prince. Real talk, while this movie did an excellent first week (over $100 Mil @ the box office), it's been catching a lot of flack of being wack by critics and viewers. However, I personally loved the movie. Over the top action with classic Will Smith humor. It was dope to see Will switch it up a bit and act like a complete... well, I best not say the word (if you have seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about). However, there are some intresting racial undertones about the movie I noticed. I would talk about them here, but I don't want to give the movie away for anyone who has not seen it yet. Just know it's nothing bad, but it sure as hell speaks volumes. Overall, dope summer flick.


I just saw this tonight. This shit, from beginning to end, was a fucking riot. Will Ferrell and John Reily are some FOOLS in this yo. I don't even wanna give it way, just go see it yo.

And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: