Friday, September 28, 2007

Keep Your "Cool" & "Sound The Alarm!!!!"



Saw this on Lupe's Myspace when it first premiered last night. This video is Hip-Hop 101... not to much flash, just the MC tearing it down lyrically on camera. Lupe is killing it right now! If "The Cool" is just as good or better than "Food & Liquor," then Lupe has earned a spot in my top 3 MCs living (he's already in my top 5).



Came back to this album this week. If you don't have this album, you missing out. Cop it ASCAP!!!


And since we are the subject of Detroit Hip-Hop, I thought it would only be right show some respect to master of Detroit's "Soulful Boom-Bap" sound. This is not only one of my favorite tracks from Slum, but one of my favorite Dilla beats. R.I.P. Jay Dee.
FYI- Peep the "small" cameo in the video... lol!!



T.G.I.F on some real shit!!! peAcE & one Love.

And on that note... I'm out.

1 comments:

thE oLd SouL said...

naw, this nigga got it. He's one of the few that has that rewind material in his lyrics, his concepts are on some other shit, and he's doing all this while being himself. Something not done by alot MCS now adays. I bet ya boy Hov would agreed with me on this. After all... he did co exce. producer F&L.