Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ok, Enough Is Enough....



Ok, the idea of 50 and 'Ye going at it for the number 1 spot on the 11th was fun completion to me at first. But now this is getting retared. It is no secret that I can't stand 50 for his shit talking and have not really check for anything from him since right after "The Massacre" dropped (honestly, I was not feeling The Massacre and think the last solid G-Unit release was Banks' debut "Hunger For More... back in Summer of 2004!!!!), but I only take so much of this overhyped media bullshit. This shit is reminding me too much of pro wrestling. The whole set up feels like the main event at Wrestlemania, and I have watched enough pro wrestling in my lifetime to identify this set up. Check it:

1) 50 is the heel (bad guy) with the title, 'Ye is the underdog (good guy) and being cheered on the people.

2) There has been numerous shit talking by the heel (50) on every media outlet possible (and wrestling terms the outlets would be Monday Night Raw & Smackdown). 50 even challenged 'Ye to a debate on BET about who's album is better. COME ON!!!! What he hell are they going to debate about? The music should throw the punches in this fight, the mouths of the artists.

3) And of course, to attract those Pay Per View sells (or record sells in this case), you gotta have a special, high risk stipulation. In this case, it was 50 putting his record career on the line.

I don't know about ya'll, but this is a move staight outta the playbook of this man...



Except the head of Universal Records (which owns Def Jam & Interscope), Doug Morris, is Vinnie Mac in this case, and in the words of 50, "laughing straight to the bank with this."

And one other wild card I forgot to throw in. Many of us forget that their are other genre of music other there that is still selling, and in this case, I'm talking about Country music. Yep, they are still moving MAD units. One of Country biggest stars, Kenny Chesney, is dropping a record on the 11th as well. That would be some shit if ol' Chesney clamed the number one spot. But just a small thing to think about.

But PEOPLE PLEASE, let's not forget this is (and should always) be about THE MUSIC!!! Spend your $10-12 on the artists you think has the better record, But as for me, you already know who getting my lunch money on Tuesday.

And On That Note... I'm Out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

im buying both to be honest lol.

kanye is my dude and all, but 50 is my dude as well.


both will be in my car blasting to school every morning hahaha

thE oLd SouL said...

I feel ya. 50's music and concepts has just really gotten old to me. If he was still making quality music to me, he would have my money on Tuesday as well. Thats what it boils down to.