Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Listening

W-J-L-O!!! Bam!! The future of Hip-Hop music!!!

LMAO!!! I just wanted to start the blog like that. But since we are on the subject of LB, reading this yesterday damn near broke my heart...

HHDX: And so no reunion plans I assume are forthcoming?
Phonte: Oh, hell no.
Pooh: I was told to never say never, but don’t hold your breath.

Damn, 'Te sounded pissed. I not going to inquire about this anymore, but a response like that makes me believe the split was more than just "creative difference." Well, maybe one day again we'll hear 'Te and Pooh spit over 9th's soulful boom-bap. But I guess for right now, we just have to focus on the present...



September 25th



Later This Fall

I don't know how many of ya'll have seen this, but this was the video from one of my favorite tracks from "The Listening." Real talk though, we really need a police force like this... lol.



I finally sat down and listened to the sampler for Jill Scott's new album "The Real Thing," and I must say... Jilly From Philly has done done it again (and yes, I put two dones on purpose). I excited about this album. I'm in need of some more REAL R&B (sorry, Kells and T-Pain ain't cuttin' it for me). Here is a ruff cut from her new video, "My Love."





One of my favorite video games with one of favorite music labels... I geeked out when I read this....

Stones Throw inaugurates a relationship with 2K Sports in teaming up with the video game trendsetter to present the soundtrack to their wildly successful NBA 2K series. Stones Throw president Peanut Butter Wolf has created a twenty song companion piece to the video game that introduces new Stones Throw faces (Karriem Riggins and Supreme Team), welcomes back old ones (MF DOOM returns to the fold, an unreleased J.Dilla vocal track sees the light of day), and creates some new tracks sure to appeal to the Stones Throw fan and mass audiences.
To be followed by a massive marketing push by both Stones Throw and 2K Sports and a nationwide tour, Peanut Butter Wolf’s latest label-wide anthology both stands as an album itself and introduces Stones Throw’s roster for 2008."

1. Supreme Team (Madlib & Karriem Riggins) - 'See '
2. Med - 'Break It Down'
3. Guilty Simpson - 'Make It Fast'
4. J Dilla feat. Q-Tip & Talib Kweli - 'Lightworking'
5. Percee P feat. J.Rocc - 'Legendary Lyricist Pt. 2'
6. J.Rocc - 'Super Sound'
7. Madlib - 'The Wigflip'
8. J Dilla feat. M.F. DOOM & Guilty Simpson - 'Mash's Revenge'
9. Oh No - 'Action (Rap Version)'
10. Beat Konducta - 'Trouble'
11. Quasimoto - 'Hydrant Game (Jaylib Remix)'
12. Aloe Blacc - 'Find A Way'
13. Dam-Funk - 'Sidewayz '
14. Baron Zen - 'Electronic (Koushik Remix)'
15. James Pants - 'Ka$H (Peanut Butter Wolf Remix)'
16. Niko & DJ Babu - 'Now You Know '
17. Koushik - 'Basketball Beat '
18. Arabian Prince - 'Professor X Saga'
19. Jonathon Brown - 'Bass Creator's Groove'
20. Cx Kidtronik feat. Rockola - 'Big Girl, Skinny Girl'

Tip, Kweli, & Dilla?!?!? Aw shit! That shit is cruical! Drops October 2.

Speaking of The Abstract, this news had me "buggin' out" as well...

In an exclusive interview with XXLMag.com, A Tribe Called Quest frontman, Q-Tip, reveals he’s forming a new group with Common entitled The Standard. “Me and Common getting ready to form a group,” ‘Tip tells XXLMag.com. “We’ll probably run it through the Uni joint because we’re both on Universal.” According to The Abstract, it was Common who suggested the two from a group. “It was more of his suggestion,” he says. “He was like, “We just need to do a record.” So I’m really excited about that.” While the two haven’t started recording together yet, The Standard will start churning out material once the two starting touring together in a few weeks. As far as the production on the album, though, fans can expect Q-Tip to handle the majority. “I’m probably gonna do a lot of it,” ‘Tip says. “And we’ll get Kanye on a couple things, but you know, that cat is busy.”





Just the thought of this union gives me goosebumps. If this album drops, then the long awaited 6th Tribe album (if Jive will stop fuckin' around with Tip, Phife, & Ali)... this shit could be a major event in Hip-Hop. The group name is not only dope but VERY appropriate.



Last but not least, if you know me, when comes to a album I am HUGELY anticipating I don't like to listen to anything from the album until I get it in my hands. I only listen to the singles. But this has been a difficult case with 'Ye "Graduation." Thanks to a certain fellow blogger who has the album already and will remain nameless (thanks Heather), I cracked and heard another song from 'Ye's latest Opus, "Flashing Lights" featuring Dwele. (Shaking My Head)... to quote Katt Williams, "This shit right here!! This shit right here.." is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! I have willed myself to not download the song and wait until next Tuesday to bump in my I-Pod. By the way, you can check out H-Boogie's blog at http://herfection.blogspot.com/ when you are done here.

I will not download it, but I'll throw ya'll the youtube. Listen at your own will...



And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: