Thursday, October 4, 2007

No... No... No!!! Vol. 3



Let me said this from jump. I thought the last R. Kelly album, "Double Up," created a new low for "Niggatism" (to quote Katt Williams). I don't know how I sat through 60 plus minutes of the shit while driving in the car with my step-father. Quite honestly, I don't know how he, a man in his late 30s (and having a mid-life crisis... lol, just playin' Greg), even sat through it. But while I didn't care for it musically, I thought has some pretty comedic moments on it.

Of all the songs that had me laughting the hardest (next to The Zoo, when he humans having sex to animals in the wild, with companied animal sounds in the back), was the song for the video above. "Real Talk" is basicaly Kells getting into an argument with his girl and the mayhem that transpires.

Ok, I gonna be real for a second. When Black people argue, this is how we sound, lol. But this as song?!?!? This some ignorant shit. As a matter of fact, this is some "nigga shit." I can't even begin with the quotables from this song. Pretty much the whole song is a quotable.

And one other thing... the ending for this video HAS TO BE FAKE. There is just no way... no you know what, REAL TALK, you just need to watch this. I guess Huey Freeman (and I have my Boondocks shirt on today too, go figure. I can't wait for the premiere this monday) had a point when he ask Tom "Do you know the full extend in which how much niggas love R. Kelly?" Because quite honestly, I'm still trying to figure it out.

And on that note... I'm out.

3 comments:

h.e.r.fection said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
h.e.r.fection said...

LOL to 'just playing greg' haha

this kels video reminds me how i miss dave chappelle show..
this video..smh lol

thE oLd SouL said...

Boog, I just don't get it. I really think Kells is short cutting himself. He is extremely talented, but he just keep making bullshit songs. your right, this video seems like some shit you would see on Chappelle, lol!!

And as far as my stepfather is concerned, he tries to stay young. He was a dancer for Soul Train during the New Jack Swing era. He's recreating those old moves pretty well still, but I always keep my cell on deck everytime he dances; just in case he busts he ass and I gotta call 911.