Wednesday, October 24, 2007

In Perspective

Yo, I'm not one to talk in detail about my personal life on this blog, but I gotta be real for a second. This week, shit, this semester overall has seen more down moments than up moments. These four months, in so many ways, are important not just for my immediate future, but what my life will look like in the next coming years. I am one that is used to pressure and having my back against the wall, but sometimes this shit can make a person lose their mind.

But when it looks and feels like the world around you is in within seconds of completely imploding, the storm passes, the sun is out again, and you've survived the situation. I have been taught to never give up and keep pushing, but sometimes you forget that shit and almost lose the strength to fight. But as my moms has always told me, when the worst of the worst occurs, that means God is about to bless you; this is a test. Look for the blessing within the situation, God is always with you. And time and time again, moms has always seen the outcome before I did and was right. I guess that what makes her so wise and my personal hero.

Something else I do not forget is that shit can be a lot worst. For example, not too far for where I go to school (no more than 30-40 miles in Malibu and along San Diego. I can smell and feel the smoke and heat), there are fires raging and have already cost the State of California around $1 Billion in damages. People have lost their lives, their homes, everything they know and love. Also, one of my sister's favorite teachers had a heartattack right in the middle of a class he was teaching on Monday and passed away soon after. Yeah, things have been a nightmare for me, but it's been hell for the people involved in these situations. Always keep your life in perspective and try took for the positive to keep pusing.

When I'm feeling like this, there are three things that help me get through: God, my loved ones, and my music. Sometimes hearing that one song maybe therapeutic enough to help you keep moving. Their have been a couple of songs that have helped recently, but I thought about this song this morning and decided to put it on. It has helped me reflect on all this shit even more. So I want to decade this track right here anyone who's feelin down or feels like the world is failing on them, or just looking for "the silver lining in the cloud." Everything is going to work and be alright.



If you have read all of this, thank you very much.

And On That Note... I'm Out.

0 comments: