Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturdays In The LBC



What happens when you add my homie A.D, his niece, his mama and his o.g grandmother, a hunt for a new printer, a 5 piece meal at Louisiana Fried Chicken, and the world famous V.I.P. records? You get my Saturday in Long Beach. Now I gotta get up for tommorow. Gotta leave @ 6:30 A.M for the L.A Aids Walk. I will have pictures from that. Oh... and oh yeah...

Look What I Got....


Gotta love those mom and pops shops for having those albums early. My review, simply this. Don't go into this album thinking your gonna get another "Listening" or "Minstrel Show," because you will be disappointed. While you will not get another "Listening" or "Minstrel Show," what you will get is 48 minutes of some of the best Hip-Hop this year. I think with this album, besides The Roots, Little Brother can be now considered the most consistant group in Hip-Hop today. All there albums, mixtapes, and even their side projects all bang. I have yet to be disappointed by LB. And I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. On my third go around right now. The whole album hits, but here are two cuts that hit me as soon as the needle dropped.



The beginning of this song is classic, lmao!!!



And for the record, it took a minute, but I warmed up to "Breakin' My Heart." It's a beat you would not expect from 9th. But that's why I love it. I think this is the first time I have heard him use a hand clap for a snare. But it works well. Pooh & Tay bring it as usual. Proving that nobody flows over a 9th beat better than LB.
As far as the Weezy guest appearance.... another comedic performance by "The Best Rapper Alive."



DROPPING OCTOBER 23 (THIS TUESDAY)!!!! COP IT!!!!

And on that note, I'm out.

0 comments: