Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Hustle Pays Off For The Cons

Congrats to Consequence!!! After almost a year and half of indie hustle and bustle (although he was "signed" to Sony), he earns a new contract with Universal Motown. Read below for the details on his follow up to Don't Quit Your Day Job and all his future plans...





(From Itsthecons.com)
I am pleased to announce that when I returned from The Glow In The Dark Tour in Australia I signed my deal to have my NEW LP"You Win Some,You Lose Some" released on Universal Motown. In conjuction with of course G.O.O.D. Music and my new upstart company Band Camp Records which is headed by myself & Rik Cordero we're about to "Get Shit Shaking Fam!!!"

It has been almost 2 years since "DayJob" dropped. I remember the struggles and adversity I was faced with when attempting to get a release date from Sony. I just have to say 2 things. Thank Allah and it was worth it!!! I have to shout everyone who has been supporting my movement [...]

We at G.O.O.D. Music are so excited about 2009. You have my LP, Kid Cudi's Debut, Big Sean's Debut LP, Mr. Hudson NEW LP as well as mainstays such as Common, John, Tony Williams,GL & Really Doe. Don C,Plain Pat,Ibn & myself having been constantly brainstorming on how to make maximum impact for the coming year. Look forward to much more of a forceful G.O.O.D. Music presence in market place starting in January.

Kanye & I are going in the lab this weekend to start recording "You Win Some,You Lose Some". I already have a few joints that I did with my cousin so please understand this is going to be CRAZY!!! I can't wait to play y'all this ALBUM. I can't wait to service THE RIGHT 1st SINGLE TO RADIO!!! The GRIND will continue, I have a video for "Q.U.E. Another E.N.S" ,"Mr. Popularity" & the lead single off Rik Cordero's NEW Feature Film "Inside A Change" in which I have a starring role.

And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: