Monday, January 7, 2008

The Plugs

Stakes Are High


Pos' part of the 3rd verse is one of my favorites from him.

Itsoweezee(Hot)


There many cameos from Hip-Hop alums in this video. How many can you point out?

Breakadawn


One of my favorite joints of "Buhloone Mind State." Prince Paul flipped that MJ sample proper.

A Roller Skaking Jam Named Saturday


FYI: The radio voice on the intro is Russell Simmons.

Oooh


Summer of 2000. Along with "The Next Episode," and "The Light," this was my jam. Check out Dave Chappelle as the door man and Rah Digga as "Dorothy."

B.U.D.D.Y (Remix)


FYI: This was the first on record appearance by Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest. If I'm not mistaking, it was Q-Tip's too. But I think he was on an early Jungle Brothers record. I'll have to check.

Shopping Bags (They Got From You)


FYI: This was produced by Madlib. I just found that out a while back.

Me, Myself And I (Live On Arsenio Hall Show 1989)


Perhaps there most known jam. I thought it would be doper to put this instead of the video. Wait... did Arsenio just called them "The Hippies of Hip-Hop?" LOL!!! I read some where De La used to hate being refered to as that.

Press Kit For "3 Feet High and Rising"


Just somethin' a little extra. What's intresting is when they explain the meaning behind their names.



And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: