Wednesday, January 9, 2008

90 Is The New 30



Ok, check this out. This past Saturday, my mother lend our house to a client of her's (that I found out later had family connections through some of her and my stepfather's friends), for her grandmother's 90th birthday. Now, LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR, this is NO ordinary 90 year old. She's lively and parties like she's still in her 30s. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her getting dance on to all the new records. I mean, she was getting hyphy with the best of them! She had drink and was having a ball with her family.

Her family (especially her grandson) would go on to tell me about how she would go to the clubs with him. And don't mean the the old folks club. I mean the 21-30 year old clubs. How all the youngins would dance with her and she would be out till' 5 in the morning!!! I was in tears laughing, and in disbelief. You don't hear things like this everyday.

Futhermore, beyond the fact that she can still party, is the fact that here is a woman, beyond her twilight years, living her life like there's no tommorrow. Shit, just the fact that she is 90 and still cohesive is a blessing itself. But this woman is dancing and partying at 90!!! I know 70 year olds that can't even do that. That is a straight up miracle. I had to get a picture with the woman.

I told her she truly an inspiration. She told me no matter what, "Do what you love. Keep dancing, keep making music, do what makes you happy. Have fun with it, because that is what life is all about. Enjoy your life."

Don't worry Grandma, I got you.

Sidenote, here is some pics of Key and I taking a recording break last Friday and checking out the Lakers serving the Sixers in a blowout.










Lak Show is looking good this year. I predict them finishing at least, 5 in the West. You heard it hear first folks. You can quote me.

And oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMS!!!!

And on that note.. I'm out.

0 comments: