Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Ball ridiculous, 26 Inches When I Call Up The Dealership/ Aw That's Some Nigga Shit."


Day I bought Untitled and first heard that line, I damn near wrecked my car because I was laughing so hard. Why? Because that line was so on point. To "authenticate my nigganess," do I have to spend my doe recklessly on that shit? Does it bring about the respect our people fight everyday? Among other "?uestions In The Shade Of Black," these questions are asked among our people everyday.

This is one of my favorite tracks from the album. The live drums on this (especially on the 8 bar outro) is extremely dope. The video filmed in some familiar spots to me... good ol' Crenshaw Blvd, as well as some shots from Downtown. Also pay EXTREMELY to meaning of the song too, Nas really goes in on this one (shit, he "went in" the whole album).

And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: