Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Homeboy On Flims: The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor


Here I am, at the box office of my local AMC theatre with a plastic bag for a change that exactly made up $8.15. This was for my sister's movie ticket. The girl at the box office gave me the "nigga, are you serious" look. The other clerk from the desk walked in the booth and was asked to help count. The dude stopped, looked at her, raised his eyebrow, and calmly stated, "I'm not counting that," and walked right out to start tearing tickets again. The combination of that bag a change, $7.00 in cash, and $4.50 from my debt card helped paid for the $20.00 movie tickets, ending what had to be the most complicating financial transaction in movie theatre history. After all this, This movie better be good.

The third jump off in The Mummy series. Over all, not a bad flick. Is it better than the first two? No, but it's a worthy sequel. Jet Li was not a bad addition as well. The effect of course WAY over the top (what do you expect from the same director of The Fast And The Furious and XXX?) and comedy was present like the other movies. Apparently their is going to be another sequel... please.... DON'T DO IT!!!! I think the series is cool right here. Like Brendan Frasier said in the flim, appearantly Universal doesn't get the idea of "Rest In Peace." But then again, when money and business are invovled, "you can't tell no one nuthin" (c) Mr. West.

And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: