Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Californiacation


During the school year, outside of Lakers games, The Boondocks, and Entourage, I really don't watch T.V. So I take it upon myself during the summer to find some new shows I may like. Funny enough, this one was referred to me by my 16 year old sister. Many still be believe that California (specifically Los Angeles) in particular is all "glitz and glamor." Truth be told, while that element exist to an extend, this is a very dysfunctional town. This show very accurately portrays this.

I watched the first episode two nights a go, and ended up spending my whole evening yesterday night watching the remaining 11 episodes from season one On Demand. Yeah, the show is THAT good. The last show on cable to get me hooked like this was during the first season of Entourage, during the summer of 2005.

I never watched the X-Flies growing up (the theme song alone used to and honestly, still scares the shit out of me), but David Duchovny is that dude. He is excellent on this show. The whole cast is incredible. The show is what a great story should be a roller coaster ride from beginning to end. There were scenes where I was feeling for the characters, and there were scenes where I was laughing my ass off. There are so many scenes I want to talk about, but I don't want to give it away. If you have On Demand on your cable box with Showtime, WATCH THIS SHOW ASAP. If you don't, go cop the Season One DVD. The second season stats on Showtime September 21th.

And on that note... I'm out.

0 comments: