Thursday, February 14, 2008

Flashing Lights Vol. 1 (Kill 'Ye)



This is the video that EVERY one has been waiting for. And I'm not even gonna lie, when I first saw this, my exact words were (in my best Bernie Mac voice): WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS THAT, KANYE!?!??!?! But two things change my mind. For one, it has been reported that he filmed 3 videos for this, just like with "Jesus Walks," (which like "Flashing Lights," imho, was the biggest record of its respective album), and two, being an into fliming myself I understand where 'Ye was going with this.

The video still told the story of the song, but you REALLY have to pay attention to catch all the little signs. It made me understand the song a little bit more. Honestly, I thought the song was about his relationship going sour because of him being in the public eye. But I never picked up the lyrics referring to him also being unfaithful to his woman, which is the reason for the ending. I know this was take off a scene in "Goodfellas," but it also reminds me of the scene in the first "Kill Bill" were The Bride had Bill assistant, Sophie, in the trunk. I can't believe that MTV and BET actually played this during the daytime. But only an artist of Kanye's stature could pull that off.

But still, while this is very creative, this song is BEGGING for a huge video. So I can not wait for the next two videos. Oh, as a sidenote, fellas... did ya'll she the shorty in this video!?!??!?!!!??! (Ice Cube/Chris Tucker Voice): DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNN!!!!! She is a Playboy model by the name of Rita G. If there anything Kanye has always had an eye for, it's bangin females in his videos. Go down the line, I can't think of one video where 'Ye has not had a Quarter (yes, a quarter, not a dimepiece). Well, some may differ with "Touch The Sky," but that's a different story.

One mo' thang... Nokia Theatre, April 21...

My Birthday Gift... (hopefully, Birthday's on the 8th). I also want to get tickets to one of those Chris Rock shows @ The Gibson, which I believe is at the same time. I gotta see my favorite stand up comedian on tour.

And on that note... I'm out.

1 comments:

thE oLd SouL said...

i'm not lying @ all P. I was lying, I would have never talked about my first reaction. And to repeat what I said...

"But still, while this is very creative, this song is BEGGING for a huge video. "